Defining Holistic Therapy
Holistic therapies have become an important part of the battle to stay clean since they've encouraged many people to live healthier lives by changing their lifestyles.
Holistic addiction therapies utilise the methods of non-medicinal recovery, which are used for complement treatment practices of the traditional variety. The purpose of holistic recovery is to bring the spirit, body and mind into sync.
In treatments centres where there's holistic medicine, such methods as physical exercises, proper nutrition and meditation are used in order to help abusers stop the addiction.
One can overcome an addiction and also get into proper health practices in the end when they are on the holistic treatment program.
Holistic methods can include
- Tai chi
- Meditation with guide
- Massage therapy
- Spiritual healing
- Routine exercise
- Good nutrition
- Art therapy
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Overcoming Drug Dependency Using Holistic Therapy
Holistic systems of treatment include customer-specific, non-medicinal programs to overcome addiction. Areas of treatment include the physical symptoms of addiction, emotional disturbances, and nutritional discrepancies.
Sleeplessness, inadequate nutrition, and mental fatigue are among issues that holistic therapy can address in a patient. Holistic schemes are adaptable to the individual requirements.
What this treatment technique seeks to achieve is
- Getting to the root cause of the person's dependency on drugs
- Help the recovering user to better deal with their cravings
- Getting the person's body back in shape
- Developing self-assurance
- Dull the attraction of the addictive substance
Types Of Holistic Dependency Therapies
Holistic therapies may be anything from exercise to meditation and involves various approaches to living a healthy life.
The main practices involve
- Nutritional Therapy
- Well-being is an essential condition of successful recovery of an addict.
- Good nutrition will provide the recovering drug user with a change that they'll be able to see.
- Recovering addicts have an opportunity to start afresh and provide their bodies with the nutrition that is needed to overcome their addiction.
- Use Of Exercises and Recreational Activities
- Regular exercising helps the body learn to work with routine, reduces fatigue and gives strength to the body.
- Much holistic treatment facilities incorporate exercise as part of their program.
- The activities may vary from one centre to another but some holistic therapy centres are offering rock-climbing, canoeing, horseback riding or hiking.
- Clear-headed patients are more successful in overcoming addiction.
- Guided meditation has an important role to play in many holistic treatment programs.
- To help the recovering users gain clearer minds, yoga and tai chi may also be provided to help improve meditation.
- Massage And Acupuncture
- Massage is yet another commonly applied holistic treatment method since it helps to relax the body.
- Acupuncture is also used in restoring the body of a long-time addict.
Traditional treatment methods always provide the basis on which effective holistic treatment programs are designed. Special medical control is necessary to supervise quitting manifestations after giving up alcohol and during use of CNS (central nervous system) debilitates.
Traditional methods added by holistic techniques include
- Medically assisted detox
- All-inclusive medical treatment
- Counselling sessions
AA, NA and other 12 step group programs are usually available too to provide lasting support.
Holistic Treatment Centres Near You
Lots of drug rehab treatment facilities include holistic therapy in the treatment of their in and outpatients. Holistic therapy is not a medical treatment and seeks to help the patient balance all areas of life; this works well with other treatment plans for addictions. One can keep their health in check and still recover from the addiction when they use this and other techniques such as cognitive behavioural therapy. If an addict knows how to overcome psychological problems, he has better chances for final recovery without further return to drugs.
Holistic treatment paired with psychological guidance and professionally undertaken detoxification, can cope with very difficult situations of addiction. Many rehab centres all over the country offer their treatment programs that can be changed according to specific requirements.
Contact us on 0800 246 1509 today to help you locate a treatment facility near you providing holistic therapy.