Getting To Know About Experimential Therapy
The typical way of therapy is not good for every drug users, some of them don't like it. Exploratory treatment brings the cure for dependency into the open, the workshops, and other places.
Exploratory treatments are first-hand, engrossing proceedings which aid recuperating users handle and manage previous agony.
Some recouping addicts might be uncomfortable conversing with specialists in a customary directing setting Exploratory treatments place recuperating users in the settings wherein they could feel at ease, like in the open area or in a workshop or recording studio.
Experimential therapy makes use of non-traditional methods in the treatment to assist the addicts in working through their repressed feelings and emotions.
Some of the Common Experimential Therapies Include the Following
- Rock climbing
- High or low elements courses
- Music therapy
- Adventure based therapy
- Recreation therapy
- Adventure based counselling
Hidden feelings and disturbances are hard to process, so the experimential therapy allow the addict to become more conscious about what he or she have on the inside to handle these emotions in a good way. Through experimential therapy, a recouping someone who is addicted can figure out how to confront these issues without swinging to drugs for an escape.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Experimential Therapy Utilised For Addiction Treatment
Proceedings that are physically taxing such as mountain climbing and trekking aid to encourage real life troubles for recuperating users to defeat. The recovering addicts we get an opportunity to learn to cope with everyday stressors such as cravings and substance abuse triggers with the help of experimential therapy.
Many mental health problems that may be hiding behind the addiction can also be treated with the help of experimential therapy. It's much easier to avoid a relapse if the other mental health problems are treated together with the addiction.
Methods And Treatments Used In Experimential Therapy
Each patient will have their own needs when it comes to experimential therapy and during the sessions, they will be guided by the therapists through various exercises.
For therapist is easier to study the addicts when they are going through this type of therapy because users tend to open during the process.
The following are some of the disturbances that experimential therapy also treats
- Anxiety attacks
- OCD or Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Unhealthy eating behaviours
- PTSD or Post-traumatic Stress Disorder
Combining Experimential Therapy And Other Treatments
Experimential therapy combines well with other techniques of psychotherapy, including motivational enhancement therapy and cognitive-behavioural therapy in order to concentrate on changing any self-destructive behaviours. The skills that are taught in these practical environments are life skills that the recovering user will be able to apply later in life.
Since withdrawal from many medications causes uncomfortable or even hazardous side effects, it's essential to start any treatment program with a therapeutic detox. Both inpatient and outpatient recuperation projects can treat withdrawal side effects amid detox. Experimential therapy together with other therapies can thereafter be used to treat psychological withdrawal symptoms and other mental health conditions.
This is done to offer the addict a complete treatment and prevent further setbacks.
Usual Methods Applied In Experimential Therapy Involve
- Equine Assisted Learning
- These are therapeutic exercises that involve the use of horses.
- Patients won't ride steeds, yet they will prep, nourish, bridle and walk them all through the session.
- A patient's emotional and mental condition can be revealed depending on how they interact with the horses.
- A patient may have suffered trauma that they are unaware of or unable to address or they may have negative emotions that they don't know how to process and equine-assisted therapy can help them to do this.
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- The process of EMDR involves going through certain eye movements guided by a therapist while one visualizes an event in their past that caused them some trauma.
- EMDR was verified successful in aiding individuals in healing reduce unpleasant sentiments and sense of suffering that could end up in drug dependency.
- Adventure Therapy
- The practice of outdoors sports is the focus of this therapy.
- Recovering drug users can develop skills on working with others, solving problems and communication while in the groups provided in adventure therapy.
- Art Therapy
- Art therapy provides recovering addicts an opportunity to express themselves with the use of art or music.
- By making craftsmanship, patients can work through distressful and negative feelings and process them in a sound way.
Acquire The Full Cure You Are Entitled To
Contact us right now, to help you find the best treatment for you or anyone you know that are going through drug issues. Some centres for drug rehab specialise in experimential therapies with obstacle courses, rock climbing walls and art studios within their premises. Treatment centres throughout the country have the resources both medical and therapeutic which you need to overcome drug addiction call us on 0800 246 1509.