Drugs And College Students
Common problems on college campuses which are noticed are binge drinking, prescription and recreational drug abuse that is popular.
The rate of addiction in college students is higher than most other groups.
These college students are the population ages 18-24 who were exposed to greater chances of addiction.
Many pupils suffer social anxiety when first going to college. For students who do not engage in extracurricular activities or clubs find it easier to socialize through drinking. Not every student within the college begins to binge drink or to abuse drugs immediately, but it is the problem of having drinks routinely to have some additional fun, which leads many students towards an addiction.
Drugs and booze are easily overused by full-time college students than youngsters who do not study in a campus.
Reasons Why College Pupils Revert To Drugs
The percentage of drug abusers among college students is on the higher side and is attributed to a number of factors, including the following
- There are many activities in colleges such as internships, exams and social life that can exert some pressure to students causing them to resort to using drugs.
- Course Work
- Students who do not have a regular studying habit or are too tired and too hectic to establish one more often resort to stimulant use to keep them awake.
- Most of these substances tend to be found with no proper prescription.
- Urge To Experiment
- College students, because of their young age and fewer responsibilities want to try out new things.
- Trying drugs is part of these new phases.
- Influence From Others
- Your environment and the kind of people who surround you are more likely to influence your person and your decision making.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Eating Conditions And The Use Of Diet Pills
College students are exposed to higher vulnerability to develop eating disorders.
As a matter of data suggests that one in every four students have an eating disorder. It has increasingly been observed that this statistic is substantially growing among students in the last couple of years. In an effort to loose some pounds, they resort to the use of weight loss pills. Indiscriminate use of diet pills can have severe health consequences. There is information about the effects that come with the use of these drugs.
Chosen Drugs On College Campuses
Many new drugs are being introduced in the campuses every.
There are few mainstays among the abused substances that are always there throughout the decades. Some of them are
- The consumption of alcohol is perhaps one of the most common substance-related problems on college campuses because a vast majority choose alcohol.
- It is not considered illicit especially if you are of age hence regulating or identifying abuse of this substance is often overlooked.
- Adderall also has the nickname of being a "study drug" and this medication along with some other stimulants is increasingly becoming popular with college students who are facing the pressure to meet all their academic requirements.
- As more and more states approve of the legal use of Marijuana, it has become increasingly common among college students.
- The use of Marijuana has outpaced that of alcohol on many campuses.
- Ecstasy also known as molly or MDMA, is making its comeback since it was first introduced in the early 90's.
- It is relatively accessible among college students as a party drug, and they are more likely to use this drug as they fall under the target age range for this drug abuse.
- This party pill is increasingly popular among rave parties and concerts.
Alcohol Effects On College Pupils
No other drug is more commonly abused by college students than alcohol. Alcohol is always present in all the social gatherings in the colleges.
The use of alcohol is widespread during college and is often condoned, and this has caused many college students to begin consuming more alcohol at a frequency that is higher than their peers who are no longer present at the college.
Survey reveals that a staggering 80% of college students drink alcohol.
Data suggests that almost 50 percent of students who consume alcohol have indulged in binge drinking once or many times more. Unmoderated alcohol drinking is not only detrimental to the drinker but also to other people in terms of troubles and violence it causes. Discover more helpful information about excessive alcohol use and its effects on students and college campuses.
Greek Life And Misuse
Despite attempts by fraternities and sororities to create a family environment for college students in their perusal of academic and philanthropic endeavours consumption of alcohol and drug abuse within the Greek system are more common than students outside the system.
Members within the fraternity and the sorority are more than likely than their non-Greek peers to abuse prescription medications, including Adderall.
Seeking Assistance For Drug And Alcohol Abuse
Don't go through harsh times alone if you are a college pupil having troubles with heavy drinking, prescription drug overuse, or an unhealthy eating behaviour. We have healthcare experts and counsellors who can take care of your needs in dealing with this predicament. Gain your life back from overuse and dependence by contacting us now on 0800 246 1509.