Common Questions People Ask Concerning Treatment At Rehab Facilities
The most difficult preliminary stages in the road to recovery involve accepting that one is addicted and agreeing to pursue a rehab programme. Numerous people stress over how the addiction recovery process will influence their lives, the obscure can be alarming. Here are solutions to a considerable lot of the inquiries you may have about the addiction rehabilitation process.
The more you know regarding addiction rehabilitation - such as what to anticipate when starting a treatment programme, the duration of the programme, and costs linked with the programme - the less challenging your road to recovery can be.
What Is Addiction Rehab?
For people struggling with addiction, rehabs treatment programs are designed to help. A recovery programme can restore a user back to living a clean, satisfying and drug-free life.
What Happens In Rehab?
Treatments in the addiction rehabs are custom made for the personal need of each patient. This typically includes some combination of one-on-one and group drug abuse therapy, detoxification (detox), education to prevent a relapse and aftercare planning before the programme can be completed so that long-lasting sobriety can be maintained.
- Detox A key initial stage of several addiction rehabilitation efforts is detoxification. While detoxing, the body physically eliminates the drug and it's effects. While the detox experience will shift enormously in light of the particular sort and recurrence of substance utilized, numerous substance withdrawal disorders can be repulsive, if not unsafe. The discomfort and risks of detoxing can be alleviated in a medically supervised program.
- Drug Abuse Therapy After the detoxification has been completed, rehabilitation continues with different behavioural therapeutic interventions. People in rehabilitation take part in gathering as well as individual treatment sessions to perceive and address the fundamental reasons for their enslavement. In treatment, individuals learn how to identify stressful situations and triggers so they can learn the skills to stay sober and prevent a relapse.
- Aftercare As an individual proceeds with the recovery, and approaches the end of a rehabilitation treatment programme, the employees will work together with the individual to devise a suitable plan for aftercare. Usually, this includes a combination of support groups and continuing individual therapy with sober living arrangements if they are needed.
What Is The Length Of Time For Rehab?
There isn't a predetermined period of time that applies to everyone who enters rehab. Several rehabilitation facilities provide a 30-day programme. Though, certain people gain from a longer treatment programme, like a 60-day, 90-day, or even longer treatment at an inpatient/residential treatment facility to further devise and maintain a stable recovery journey. The treating therapist considers a lot of things before recommending the amount of time a patient might need, these include; length and seriousness of the addiction, what drug or drugs one is abusing, if there are any complications in medical, mental, or behaviour arising from the usage of the drugs, and what the patient's needs are as concerns their physiological, psychological, sentimentally, relationships, way of life and religious.
Researches showed that those individuals who spend three months or longer in therapeutic programs have better rates of long haul sobriety. A longer programme gives you the chance to concentrate on the behaviours and root reasons behind your dependency, and also gives you more time to work on behaviour that will lead to sober living.
Does Rehab Cure Addiction?
There is no cure for dependence; however it can be overseen successfully. Irrespective of the duration of the addiction, alcohol and drug dependency recovery does not stop after the individual concludes the rehab programme. Recovery is a continuing process for the rest of one's life. To manage a dependency requires being taught how to go through everyday life without using and calls for commitment and difficult work.
Addiction Rehab Vs Addiction Recovery
People are taught the best means of overcoming the desire to use drugs and to defeat the urge to relapse even when it is very huge at the rehabs. How to handle the daily challenges of defeating drug addiction and the best way to relate with people and the situations that trigger or deepen the desire to use drugs in the first place are also taught in the rehabs.
To live long without the substance, the recovery may include continuous counselling in a group or as individual as well as participation in the twelve step recovery programme or group therapy. Involving themselves in extra activities work for some people in helping with recovery. Such extra activities may be in the form of meditation, yoga, exercise, or art and many others.
Successful treatment programmes also include their homegrown activities or help you draw up your tailor made an ante-rehab plan before discharge to maintain the momentum of recovery. Aftercare is so important that many studies have shown that it can help prevent relapses.
What If I Relapse?
Relapse should always be regarded as one of the stumbling blocks to be uprooted in the bid to defeat addiction completely, and not as a failure. A relapse can be seen as a chance to reassess where you are and to get back into a program to get the support you need to continue on being sober.
A lot of people who struggle with addiction have to go to rehab more than once before they can work through everything to stay on the path to recovery. Rehab provides and equips the addict with tools necessary to overcome addiction and remain sober, but, the individual is the only one who can control their addiction.
How Much Will Rehabilitation Cost?
Charges for rehab depend on each facility. Top of the line luxury programs tend to charge more for additional services and exceptional accessibilities besides, at times, higher staff to patient proportions.
Because of the fact that the medical treatment experts in the inpatient facilities are permanently in the house, and patients live in the facilities too, the cost is always higher than that of the outpatient programs. The programs offered by outpatient programs vary and can include highly structured intensive programs, weekly group and individual therapy sessions, and support groups.
Countless factors can influence a rehab's cost, such as
- What amenities are provided - These can cover several factors that help the process of recovery, like private accommodation, gourmet food, animal-assisted therapy, massages, yoga and acupuncture.
- How long the program is - The amount of time one will spend in the programme also affects the cost of the rehab. The duration of time that is advisable for your long term treatment will be deliberated on with your counsellor when you are being accepted into the programme.
- Geographical Area - High-end luxury facilities will be more expensive than regular treatment facilities. If the facility is far from home, travel expenses will also need to be considered.
- Kind of Program - Because of the fact that the medical treatment experts in the inpatient facilities are permanently in the house, and patients live in the facilities too, the cost is always higher than that of the outpatient programs.
Rehab Costs Vs Addiction Costs
Whilst the cost of rehabilitation might be an obstacle for a few individuals, it is key not to forget the countless "costs" of dependency. The costs of addiction are many
- The substance's cost
- Loss of efficiency at work
- Legal penalties
- Medical bills for physical or mental health issues that may come up because of addiction
Addiction "costs" clients in different ways as well, extending from the crumbling of connections to general despondency and weakness.
Can I Use Insurance?
Drug rehabilitation programs normally accept insurance. The acceptance of insurance depends on each facility's policies. Your insurance plan may cover just a bit of your restoration stay, so it's vital to check your insurance plan before selecting in a drug recovery program.
If your insurance will not pay for your time in treatment, talk to the facility you chose about other options for payment. The program may offer sliding scale instalment alternatives or financing arrangements to make the cost more reasonable.
Treatment For Drug Addiction Locally Or Away?
Numerous people looking for recovery go to a recovery office far from their home. This works in the sense that the patient is removed from the atmosphere that is conducive to their abusing drugs or alcohol.
In such a decidedly separate setting, the individuals who attend rehabilitation can completely concentrate on their dependency problems, free of any external diversions/ temptations from the workplace or loved ones.
When you select an outpatient treatment, you may want to go for a centre that is closer to your home so that you do not have to commute far every day. A close by rehab centre can help you strike a meeting point between your home chores and treatment programs to avoid much stress on you.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Should I Select Outpatient Or Inpatient Treatment?
The difference between inpatient and outpatient facilities include the charges, duration of the programme and treatment involved including the structural and amenities the facility offers.
Inpatient Addiction Rehab
Inpatient offices are recovery centres that offer 24-hour care from staff faculty. Medical personnel are permanently present for inpatient services in hospitals, while medical services from experts are offered at intervals in the residential rehabs when the need arises. Both sorts of inpatient offices oblige patients to inhabit the facility.
Inpatient treatment is the most involved kind of treatment, empowering a patient to concentrate completely on his/her addiction and recovery with round-the-clock care. Most of the patients have a better chance of overcoming addiction because they are quarantined from the stress of their normal day to day activities.
Rehabilitation programs can incorporate group treatment, individual treatment, medication-assisted treatment and even correlative treatments, for example, meditation, animal therapy, or outdoor activities.
Residential rehab centres are preferred for treatment of those with chronic and acute addictions, multiple drug addictions, coexisting medical and psychological issues. It might likewise be a decent alternative for the individuals who have attempted past recovery endeavours (either inpatient or outpatient) and have since backslid.
Outpatient Addiction Rehab
Patients are allowed to attend therapy, treatment sessions and other programs from their home in outpatient facilities. Through this, the home, work and school activities of the person will not be altered during treatment. Outpatient programs are a good fit for anyone who has a mild or short term addiction or responsibilities that cannot be neglected.
Outpatient programs vary from centre to centre. In some cases, therapy can last a whole day while in others just an hour or two. Because of the less number of medical staff and the reduced hours of direct care involved, inpatient facilities are costlier than outpatient programs. The patients do not pay for 24-hour monitoring as they go home after each session. Most insurance plans will pay for some or all of the costs.
Contact us right away at 0800 246 1509 to chat about your options and learn more about what sets these two addiction treatment forms apart. We have rehab placement experts who will respond to any queries you may have as you decide on the best addiction treatment facility to commit to for your addiction treatment.
Will I Lose My Job For Going To Rehab?
Whilst you may feel a bit frightened of being dismissed if you go to a rehabilitation, you may, as a matter of fact, be more inclined to get fired from your job when you fail to seek assistance. It's possible that your boss has already picked up on your substance abuse problems. By dodging addiction assistance, your battle may finally become clear as the effects of your drug abuse could cause your work performance to decrease.
While there are several laws that protect your right to get treatment, using any substances at work is legal grounds for termination. You have a right to treatment and cannot be fires as a consequence for seeking treatment.
How Do I Get Time Off Of Work To Attend Addiction Rehab?
Numerous inpatient programs require taking some time off from work. You can use any of the many available options to help with this. The options are
- Employee Assistance Programs An EAP is a non-compulsory programme through the company that employs you, which offers private evaluations, restricted counselling, and a referral to treatment free of charge to the employee.
- Family and Medical Leave Act Numerous bosses present to 12 weeks of leave under the Family and Medical Leave Act, which permits you to take unpaid time off without influencing your health care coverage, keeping in mind the end goal to look for treatment for a therapeutic condition that meddles with your capacity to finish work associated tasks You will gain a lot if you understand what is obtainable in your firm as this area also cover cases of addiction.
- Paid Time Off Another alternative for removing time from work to get assistance with substance misuse is to just utilize serene vacations, beat or individual time to get rehab support.
- Executive Rehab Treatment Centres There is also a system where the executive rehab centres will offer you a luxurious 24-hour programme that will also allow you to continue your work if it is imperative that you work while receiving treatment.
- Outpatient Treatment At last, outpatient programs give other treatment plausibility to any individual who can't take out time from home or work and who may require a more reasonable choice than executive rehabilitation. If your are suffering from a severe addiction or a relapse, a centre that can provide 24 hour care is still the best chance at getting and staying sober.
Generally, there are a wide range of approaches to acquire assistance as an employee and looking for treatment for habit will dependably be better for you, your employment, your wellbeing and your life when all is said over the long haul.
What About Luxury Treatment?
Plush rehab facilities are more equipped, and in better surroundings and environment as compared with conventional rehab centres. To ensure the highest level of privacy for patients, these rehabs are situated in secluded locations. A luxury rehabilitation facility may provide holistic programmes, gourmet food prepared by expert chefs, adventure therapies, and advanced recovery therapies.
High state officials, big names plus other public figures regularly pick luxury rehabilitation for the elite pleasantries, confidentiality and the probability that they will be among their companions, yet anybody may go to these sorts of programs if the expenses can be secured through insurance, out-of-pocket instalments or a blend thereof.
How Can I Find An Addiction Rehab Program?
Figuring out which rehab is best for you can be an overwhelming process but there is help available to get you the answers you need. If you are having a hard time deciding what kind of program is right for you or a loved one, call us at 0800 246 1509 to talk to a rehab placement representative to discuss rehab and recovery options further.