NHS Or Private Rehab?
For most people give the first hand choice to the private residential rehab treatment centres. Within just 24 hours admission can be scheduled. If you have private medical insurance or if you have money to pay on your own, you will be able to get into the private rehab treatment. In most cases, you're lucky to secure NHS admission to a private rehab clinic.
Who Can Apply For Rehab Funding With The NHS?
Addiction therapy with the NHS funding at community based treatment or private residential rehab that is free at when delivered, should be an option for every UK resident. Your qualification to secure NHS funding for residential rehab clinic treatment program requires you to have exploited the local community based treatment alternative treatment in advance. Residential admission process could take several weeks to go through pending funding approval by local addiction team to enter NHS residential rehabilitation treatment program.
You can find your local liquor and drug treatment centre through your GP.
Advantages And Disadvantages
- Flexible treatment plan;
- Admission speed - sometimes as fast as 24 hours;
- Treatment done on one site with help of available equipment use;
- In most cases, the same doctor/employee will take care of patients during the rehab;
- Addicts will be able to concentrate on their recovery thanks to treatment taking place in secure surroundings away from concerns and temptations;
- The helpful group gives solid bonds advisors and different patients that guide recovery;
- Also we offer call, letter, accommodation and other facilities including visiting families and friends;
- Additional therapies are often provided like gym and fitness, art therapy, horse riding etc.;
- Programme of aftercare;
- Costs more than NHS rehab treatment program.
- Not always protected by health insurance.
- It doesn't cost anything;
- Anyone can apply;
- Operates in the local community near home and family reach;
- Slow and long admission;
- May not be referred to residential rehab;
- Patients are sometimes required to attend different clinics with the right equipment;
- The more you have the access to drugs and liquor including life distractions, the more it will affect your recovery.
- Limited access to the personal counsellor;
- During and throughout the treatment, patients may not have the same therapist / staff caring for them.
- In order to build an outpatient support network it may be more challenging.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
NHS Alternative Cross Border Treatment
Securing admission into residential private rehab clinics in UK through NHS or local community addiction services could take months and the outcome is not definite. But it is easy related to above case to achieve quick access to finance through EU cross border healthcare directives.
On the Alcohol Rehab York website, UK based patients who wishes to take advantage of that option can find more information.